A Person-Centered Planning approach is used to help adults with developmental disabilities make informed choices about where they will live and work, and the kinds of services and supports that may be needed. Every adult eligible for regional center services has a planning team that includes the person utilizing the services, a regional center staff, and anyone else asked to be a team-member by the individual receiving services. The team works together to identify services needed to help the person lead a more independent lifestyle, to support choices in where they want to live, how and with whom they choose to spend the day, and to build on their hopes and dreams for the future.
Adult Services may include:
- Independent Living Services
- Supported Employment- see important Work First legislation here
- Supported Living Services
- Behavioral Support Planning
- Community Care Facilities (aka Board & Care)
- Transportation Access Plans
- Adult Work & Day Programs
- Day Care
Contact your Service Coordinator to create or make changes to your Individual Program Plan (IPP) to successfully transition to adulthood.