Sign up for NBRC’s weekly electronic newsletter here to receive community and legislative updates.
Want to keep updated on all Service Provider communications? Sign up for NBRC’s VENDOR CONNECTION newsletter here.
(Please rsvp to Jasmine Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise indicated)
NEW PROVIDER ORIENTATION
Tuesday, May 16
NBRC Napa, 610 Airpark Road
9:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.; registration 9:00 a.m.
- Overview of the Lanterman Act and Title 17 regulations
- Steps to becoming a vendor
- Creating a good program design
- Client’s Rights
- Regional Center monitoring responsibilities and process
- Maintaining proper records
- Special Incident Reporting
- Potential NBRC Residential Providers
- Adult Family Home Agency Employees
- Current NBRC Administrators who want to open a home, and who have not completed New Provider Orientation within the past two years.
CEU’s: $10 fee for 7 Continuing Education Units
Special Incident Reporting is scheduled throughout the year here at NBRC. Need a refresher? New staff training? Check out the calendar here or contact us for customized training options.
- SIR Vendor Training Calendar 2017
- CEUs are available towards Licensed Administrator Certificates.
- Please email an SIR Coordinator to sign up for these trainings: SIR@nbrc.net
Direct Service Provider (DSP) Training: the Department has established a competency-based training program that is mandatory for all direct support staff (and administrators who provide direct support) working in licensed community care facilities. The DSP training is 70 hours of training which is designed to be completed over a two-year period, 35 hours in each year.
Year 1 Training- In Year 1, you will learn about:
- The California developmental disabilities service system
- The Individual Program Plan
- Maintaining the best possible health
- Environmental safety
- Dental health
- Medication management
Year 2 Training- In Year 2, you will learn about:
- Learn more on Year 1 topics
- Making choices
- Nutrition and exercise
- Strategies for successful teaching
- Life Quality
Welcome to the California Department of Developmental Services Direct Support Professional Training portal . Click here to access this online training portal and sign up for classes. dsp-registration-quick-help-guide
Missed a Training? Find materials and information here.
Business Operations- Get handouts and resources here:
DDS Data Security Training: what constitutes a breach of security? How do you keep confidential information secure? Check out the DDS Data Security Presentation to find out!
UNIFORM HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
Welfare and Institutions Code section 4692, requires the observance of 14 uniform holidays by specified regional center vendors. These vendors include: work activity programs, activity centers, adult development centers, behavior management programs, social recreation programs, adaptive skills trainer programs, infant development programs, program support groups (day service), socialization training programs, client/parent support behavior intervention training programs, community integration training programs, community activities support services, and creative arts as outlined in Title 17.
Click here for the 2016-17: UPDATED HOLIDAY SCHEDULE 2016-17