North Bay Regional Center strives for transparency in our business operations. The following documents are posted in accordance with The Welfare and Institutions Code section 4629.5. For more information, visit the DDS Transparency Site
AUDITS & FINANCES
- Independent Audit Report – NBRC 2014
- Independent Audit Report – NBRC 2013
- Independent Audit Report 2010
- Home and Community Based Services MW Audit 2011
- DDS Audit 2010-2012; DDS Audit 08-10; DDS Audit 06-08; DDS Audit 04-06
- Contracts Awarded through RFP
- Final SLS Contract + Exhibits 2 12 15
- SLS Vendors Over $250000
- Community Placement Plan RFPs
- NBRC Annual Report 2011-12
How are we doing? NBRC strives to meet or exceed our performance goals each year. lick below to see how we are doing:
- NBRC Performance Plan 2016.2
- NBRC Performance Plan 2015
- June 2015 – Semi-Annual Final Performance Measures
- NBRC Performance Plan 2014
- NBRC Performance Plan 2013
- NBRC Performance Contract YearEndRpt_2013
- NBRC Year End Performance Report 2012
- Board Policy for RFP Process
- Board Policy Resource Development
- Board Policy Limited Conservatorships
- Mental Health Services Act Project
- NBRC Board Meeting Agendas & Approval of Minutes
- NBRC Board of Director Bylaws 7-11
- Purchase of Services Policies (see individual policies below)
- Behavior Analysis Services j. Clinical and Medical Services
- Day Care Services k. Durable Medical Equipment and Construction Services
- Employment Options l. Incontinence Supplies
- NEW! Independent Living Services Policy (DDS approval pending)
- Intake and Assessment Services m. Legal and Confidentiality
- Living Arrangement Services n. Respite Services
- Supported Living Services o. Transportation Services
- Limited Conservatorships p. Resource Development
- Requests for Proposals
- NBRC Conflict of Interest Policy
- NBRC Whistleblower Policy
- Transparency and Public Access Policy
- NBRC Salary Survey 2013
ETHNIC DIVERSITY & EXPENDITURES REPORTS
Per recent amendment to the Lanterman Act (Section 4519.5 of the Welfare and Institutions Code), all regional centers are required to provide a report of our expenditures across identified demographic groups (e.g., by disability, by age, by race or ethnicity, or by language) and to hold a public meeting with stakeholders regarding the data.
NBRC collaborates with the Department of Developmental Services to prepare this report. We encourage you to keep limitations to this report in mind when reviewing the data.
• Due to limitations in the statewide Uniform Fiscal System, not all expenditures can be reflected in this report. For example services that we purchase under a contract, such as some supported employment services, transportation, etc are not counted in this data.
• It also does not include authorized expenditures for services which have been provided but have not yet been billed to the regional center by service providers.
• This report does not reflect services in Individual/Family Service Plans that are funded by MediCal, Supplemental Security Income, health plans, etc
For more information, see links below.
National Core Indicators: Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4571 mandates the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) to identify and implement a nationally validated quality assessment tool that enables DDS to monitor the performance of California’s developmental disabilities service system and assess quality and performance among regional centers. The National Core Indicator (NCI) survey instrument was chosen as the quality assessment tool in 2009. NCI is a multi-state collaboration; Developmental disability agencies in forty-one states and the District of Columbia voluntarily participate in the NCI program. To read more about NCI and see NBRC’s survey results, click here for the DDS page.
NBRC Service Providers 2015 by service code